Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lia's Got a Blog...

So, anyone who knows me knows that I do not do things quickly... I truly love the everything about the full deliberation of making choices - the examination (and re-examination) of all angles, the playing out of possible scenarios, the deliciousness of being right about something agonized over.

Anyway, I've been contemplating a blog for quite some time. I had strong opinions about what I did not want the blog to be (3000 word rants about how someone cut me off in traffic, or what-seemed -like-a-good-idea-at-the-time personal revelation that didn't exactly come out the way I wanted...) What I have never exactly been able to determine is what the blog should be. Then I realized that I don't think it's something I can know until I...

Jump.

I will say it already feels strange to be sitting here, even in "create a post" mode, knowing something will take on a life of its own out there in the web-world where time and space has odd boundaries that seem hard to wrap my head around. I feel like I am sitting in a giant auditorium and that maybe there are a half-dozen folding chairs set up.

I had wanted to talk about the name of this blog but I think that can wait.

I want to talk about the Academy Award noms that came out today. I want to say, for the record, that I'm pushing all my chips in for The Reader. Now, this is not quite fair in that I haven't seen Slumdog Millionare, Frost/Nikon, and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. But I like to have a strong feeling coming out of the gate from which I can gauge. The truth is, I've seen the Reader because I was compelled to see it. I accept that I may be pleasantly surprised by Frost/Nixon (and more than a little sad that I can't see it with my brother who certainly would have been interested) and am open to overcoming the overly-cutesy title of the Brad Pitt/Cate Blanchet film. I will Slumdog Millionare (because I make it a point to see all the nominees each year) but I did not like Crash, and it's by the same people.

So we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment