Monday, February 16, 2009

Blog Pressure...

So my friend Brian sent me an email earlier today.

"I’m curious as to why your name doesn’t appear on your blog... Care to share with me?"

Well, my answer to him (and hence, for any of you who care to know) is that I am still ambivalent about my feelings on blogging. Part of me wants to broaden a sort of "readership," to challenge myself with regular, fluid deadlines. Another part of me is resistant to too much unregulated exposure. The practical and smart side requires a buffer between my desire to write a funny antedote about, say, losing my virginity, without the intern from the place I've just sent my resume Googling me and reading it. And I'd like to reserve the right to scrap the whole damn thing and start fresh with a more professional blog in the distant future...

So I've been keeping it low key.

And then I saw my blog link to my friend's super awesome http://www.holyjuan.com/ . He's officially outed me as a blogger. My first reaction was panic. And then exhilaration. Time to step it up, I suppose.

Thanks, Holy Juan...

1 comment: